Friday, July 31, 2009

Spring time in the Dessert - NFS

Another one created during the plein air class on July 25th.

Spring time in the Dessert  - Not for sale

Enjoy the story about this painting....

This time for the plein air workshop we visited the Laguna Canyon Wilderness park. It was an unusually hot day. I was so proud of myself that I reached the site half an hour early !! I waited... and waited... read all the sign posts and information about the park.... Then I thought, I should take the trail and maybe the rest of the group is there already. As I started walking down the trail a ranger stopped me. I had so much stuff in my hand that he thought I was going to construct a post or something inside the wilderness park! I was upset that this fellow is going to make me late for class :( But pretending to be polite, I told him that I was looking for the "little sycamore trail". I tell you, this ranger was a blessing, for the "little sycamore trail" was at another entrance to the park, 2 miles north from the point where I had parked my car. No wonder I did not see the rest of the group (except one). On the path that I was walking I could have walked the whole day, with all my painting gear and the folding chair and still wouldn't have reached or seen my group. Anyways I thanked him a million and finally joined my group half an hour late!! Guess what I had again missed the demonstration that our teacher did. Now was the time to show off our talent...

So I set myself up in the midst of the dissapointments:
of being late...
in the anxiety of reaching in time, having denied the fresh lemonade that my husband lovingly made for me...
missing the teachers demonstration...
the full blown hot sun....
the muddy colors - browns, the yellows etc., barely any greens out there other than the cactus...
:) :)

And yet, I wonder.... my mind was filled with GREENS! You must have guessed looking at the painting.

So I called it "Spring time in the Dessert"

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...