Saturday, November 9, 2013

Dog Portrait Study

I am going back to basics, trying to learn drawing and sketching!! I am doing online class to refine my sketching skills. It is offered by Artist Network University and taught by Sarah Parks. I am second week into it and one of the challenge homework assignment was to sketch a dog portrait. So here is my study:

 

 

Here is original photo with final sketch:


Do you think I accomplished a likeness with the original photo?
I did it freehand since that's what I want to practice most. Using a grid it becomes much easier to draw and get exact likeness, but doing freehand is challenging for me.
I would appreciate if you have any feedback for me!!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely see that you got to basics, this is a beautiful sketch you have produced, very close to the original, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are doing really well and you got a great likeness. Maybe the head is only a bit small compared to the real one, but well done !

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...