Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 10 - 30 Paintings in 30 days Jan 2014 - Micky Mouse Penholder

This turned out to be very interesting experience! It is a glazed ceramic surface and a cute pen holder design and on top of it BLACK!! I don't use black color tube at all in my paintings, in fact I don't have one... Due to the glazed shiny surface, there were lot of reflections too on this black surface. This is how it turned out to be painted:
Micky Mouse Penholder - 8 x 8 inches, Oil on Canvas Panel
Here is the picture of my setup. Now looking at the original picture, I think I might have to tweak the base a bit and make it darker. But otherwise I like the painted one and happy with creating blacks!
Micky Mouse Penholder Setup


1 comment:

  1. That's a funny subject, and you painted it very well , keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...