Friday, January 31, 2014

Looking back - 30 paintings in 30 days Challenge Jan 2014

Looking back at the month of Jan - first can't believe that the month is over!! I started the year very excited about doing this challenge a second time. The last I did was in September and had really finished 30 paintings. This is what I expected from myself this time too. But guess what... turned out that I had not anticipated that this month will be so busy. Sometimes feel like saying "the damn life came in the way". But on the other hand, I learnt that there are other things that can take priority and had to let go of the painting for that day. Also learnt that I had to catch up with some good sleep to get some fresh painting ideas and to be able to enjoy my painting process. I could not finish 30 paintings, but I still accomplished 17 paintings which I consider still a SUCCESS!! All of them are oil paintings except 2 are watercolor florals. My aim in doing this challenge was to paint something new that I have not done before - different subjects like the pomogranate and pear that I had not painted before; different materials - like cloth, glass, ceramic, silver, gold (couldn't get to few others that I had thought). To think about it... it was very interesting to start off with a blank canvas and come up with a finished painting. Here is a collage of all 17 paintings I finished this month.
The best I liked are pomogranate, onions, carrots, peppermint candy, the watercolor floral (floribunda), and the grand finale - Peanut M & Ms.
Which ones did you like the best?

All in all I had a WONDERFUL experience - will repeat the challenge once again..
click on image to view larger

2 comments:

  1. Well, the ones you completed are lovely, so definitely a SUCCESS!! Congratulations on your challenge. I may have missed your paintings during the month, being so busy completing mine, but your collage certainly stood out to me on Leslie blog today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith!! I was certainly good experience and felt so accomplished at the end! It is just like a workout session - feels tiring to go through the routine but after the fact feels FABULOUS!!

      Delete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...