Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 9 - 30 Paintings in 30 days Jan 2014 - Carrots with Ranch

It was early in the morning, time to start another painting for the challenge. Previous night, it was tiring, so I had not thought about what to paint... After contemplating in bed for sometime, I got up and decided to do the chores anyways... I went to the refrigerator to grab my palette. There was the bottle of Ranch right in front, and got an idea of what to paint... yes!!.. Baby Carrots with Ranch, then looked around, found a green plate. Good enough! new subject and different texture!
Also the New Year is about eating healthy... Here it is:
click on image to view larger
Carrots with Ranch - 8 x 8 inches, Oil on Canvas Panel
 As I painted, I took couple pictures of my work in progress. Below is how the painting started - the very first color notes and the bottom most layer of paints.
Carrots with Ranch, first color notes
 Next I tried to put in actual color of the carrots and ranch and plate itself, see below:
Carrots with Ranch - local color of Carrots and Ranch
Eventually each color area seen above needs to be further elaborated by observing and painting variations in it. Eg: in the dark green shadow area, it is darker towards the carrot and gradually becomes lighter towards the outer area. Sometimes, reflections and light bouncing at different angles give a nice twist to shading!! You can see now how the the final painting develops..

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...