Sunday, January 4, 2015

Day 4 - 30 in 30 Challenge Jan 2015 - Green Bell Pepper

I had decided to paint Green Bell Pepper. But needed to change the background colors. Looked up Google, and I came across different color schemes. I decided to experiment with the triad color scheme, explained at the end of this post. First take a look at my Green Bell Pepper.
click on image to view larger
Green Bell Pepper - 6 x 6 inches, Oil on Canvas Panel

 Code# PK_15_004
Available here.


How are you enjoying my paintings so far?
Here's about the triad color scheme: By definition - "A triadic color scheme uses colors that are evenly spaced around the color wheel". Triadic color harmonies tend to be quite vibrant. To use a triadic harmony successfully, the colors should be carefully balanced - let one color dominate and use the two others for accent.
I used the Green, Purple and Orange colors; Green being the dominant color.
I am happy with the results of this experiment, the painting did turn out to be very vibrant!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...