Friday, September 27, 2013

Day 27 - 30 Paintings in 30 days - Dressed for Halloween - SOLD

This one is #5 on my Halloween series!! I am surprised at how quickly I finished this painting! Normally for such paintings, I draw a grid and then sketch exactly before I start. But for this one I sketched the outline freehand with oil paint itself. Then did the initial block in of all the darks and then the lights. Next for second stage, I painted local color. For third stage, I painted variations within each mass of color and for the final painting, few more variations and highlights. After all of these paintings just this month, I think I have definately made good progress!
For the remaining paintings in this challenge, I am just going to take up miscellaneous subjects and see what I can come up with.
click on image to view larger
Dressed for Halloween - 7 x 5 inches, Oil on Canvas Panel
SOLD

4 comments:

  1. enjoyed going thro your art work...very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your style is evolving. It's very impressionistic (my favorite painting period) and your colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...