Saturday, September 28, 2013

Day 28 - 30 Paintings in 30 days - Rangoli Inspiration

Last weekend I attended a Rangoli Competition in our community and was inspired by Rangoli Art. This is a painting from life. I decided to use one of my pastel art sheet done few years ago as base. Then placed one of my very own made candle on top. Actually I started my artistic career by making such soy wax candles and it is my very first blog post. I sold these candles for Diwali celebrations. Still have a few left and just one set of 4 candles as sentimental value... Take a look on that candle post here.
I hope you like my setup and the painting too!!
click on image to view larger
Rangoli Inspiration - 8 x 10 inches, Oil on Canvas Panel
For those who don't know about Rangoli - It is folk art from India. The purpose of Rangoli is decoration, and it is thought to bring good luck. Design depictions may also vary as they reflect traditions, folklore and practices that are unique to each area. It is traditionally done by women. Generally, this practice is showcased during occasions such as festivals, auspicious observances, marriage celebrations and other similar milestones and gatherings. more on wikepedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...